Back in Fishers

Back in Fishers
Home again in Fishers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Off work early


Got a chance to start my weekend early on Thursday. We had to shut the job site down a little early because of another sandstorm. It rained all morning and then the sandstorm came up in the afternoon. I have posted some photos of the sandstorm that I took from the car ride home. I understand that this type of storm is considered to be just a plain old sandstorm. When we get a ghibli then it will be a sandstorm in conjunction with extreme hot air coming from the desert. Can’t wait to experience that new event……
Had dinner on Thursday with my new found English teacher friends. Instead of going to the Pisa Restaurant, we met at the villa where most of the teachers live. Met a few new people at dinner, one person from South Africa, another one from the UK and a German guy and his wife is from Chile. So my Libyan experience is becoming quite international. It is great to meet new people and now I am expanding my network to include all sorts of countries.
Got to sleep in on my day off and since the internet was down due to the sandstorm I thought I would fire up the Wii and improve on my scores. I thought I would rearrange some of the power plugs and not have the back of the TV so messy with wires. Had everything ready to go and blew a circuit breaker. Got that back on and then discovered that my Wii box might have tripped the breaker. Now the Wii does not seem to want to work. I guess I will have to do some more investigating and see if I fried something on the Wii. Keep your fingers crossed that it is nothing major.

No comments:

Post a Comment